Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 5 mph
- Barometer30.54 in (1034.6 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Fitchburg Municipal Airport (KFIT)
Lat: 42.55 Lon: -71.76 Elev: 348ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow, mainly after midnight. Low around 24. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 4pm, then freezing rain likely, possibly mixed with rain. High near 33. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 7pm, then a slight chance of showers between 7pm and 8pm. Patchy fog before 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. West wind 7 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. West wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Worcester, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE