Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer30.14 in (1020.9 mb)
- Dewpoint49°F (9°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill50°F (10°C)
Current conditions at
Rockport, Aransas County Airport (KRKP)
Lat: 28.09°N Lon: 97.05°W Elev: 26ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 62. North wind 6 to 9 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tonight Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 1am, then a chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 55. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 72. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 55. South wind around 11 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 65. Breezy, with a north wind 16 to 21 mph increasing to 24 to 29 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 45. North wind 15 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. North northeast wind 10 to 14 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 51. Southeast wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. Southeast wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Aransas County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE