Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer30.20 in (1023.4 mb)
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23 Lon: -76.85 Elev: 348ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tonight A slight chance of snow after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 23. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 7am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1am, then snow and freezing rain likely. Low around 28. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dauphin County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE