Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer30.42 in
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Silver City/Grant (KSVC)
Lat: 32.64 Lon: -108.16 Elev: 5377ft.
2 Miles NNW Hanover NM
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. East wind around 7 mph.
- Thursday A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. East wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain showers, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. South southeast wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30. West wind 9 to 13 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 46. North northeast wind 6 to 8 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27. North northeast wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 50. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming north northeast in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Gila Highlands/Black Range, NM
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE