Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.18 in (1021.1 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Tri-Cities Airport (KTRI)
Lat: 36.48 Lon: -82.4 Elev: 1500ft.
5 Miles SSW Clinchport VA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain likely, mainly before 4am. Areas of fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 33. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly before 7am. Areas of fog before noon. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly after 3am. Low around 34. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 45. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 39. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 51. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Scott County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE