Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 5 mph
- Barometer30.36 in
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 36.77 Lon: -80.82 Elev: 2736ft.
Fancy Gap VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 37. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 19. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow before 9pm, then snow. Low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Sleet before 10am, then rain. High near 38. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow showers. Low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday A chance of sprinkles and flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Carroll County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE