Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 5 mph
- Barometer30.24 in
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Luray Caverns Airport (KLUA)
Lat: 38.67 Lon: -78.5 Elev: 903ft.
4 Miles SW Orkney Springs VA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 16. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. West wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow before 1pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 4pm. High near 32. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain or freezing rain before midnight, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rockingham County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE