Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 9 mph
- Barometer30.17 in (1022.2 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Danbury Municipal Airport (KDXR)
Lat: 41.37 Lon: -73.48 Elev: 456ft.
Redding Center CT
7 Day Forecast
- Today Increasing clouds, with a high near 30. West wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. West wind around 7 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Fairfield, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE