Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 13 G 20 mph
- Barometer30.00 in (1015.7 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Pittsfield Municipal Airport (KPSF)
Lat: 42.43 Lon: -73.29 Elev: 1194ft.
3 Miles SSW East Chatham NY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A chance of rain showers before 4pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 4pm and 5pm, then a chance of rain showers and sleet after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 3am, then a chance of snow. Low around 25. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 8 to 17 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Periods of snow, mainly after 2am. Low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Periods of snow, freezing rain, and sleet before noon, then periods of rain. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Columbia, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE