Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedS 13 mph
- Barometer30.41 in (1031.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-12°F (-24°C)
Current conditions at
Ottumwa Industrial Airport (KOTM)
Lat: 41.11 Lon: -92.45 Elev: 842ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as -5. West southwest wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. South southwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Wind chill values as low as 5. South wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 18. Light east northeast wind becoming north northeast 5 to 9 mph in the evening. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 22. North northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mahaska County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE