Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
- Wind SpeedN 16 G 23 mph
- Barometer30.12 in (1020.8 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Des Moines International Airport (KDSM)
Lat: 41.54°N Lon: 93.65°W Elev: 957ft.
Des Moines IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 61. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 37. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 55. Northwest wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE