Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 12 mph
- Barometer29.75 in (1007.8 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Grand Rapids, Gerald R. Ford International Airport (KGRR)
Lat: 42.89°N Lon: 85.52°W Elev: 793ft.
Grand Rapids MI
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 2am. Low around 25. North northeast wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Snow likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 20 by 5pm. North wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 1. Wind chill values as low as -6. North wind 5 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as -6. Light west southwest wind becoming south southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Southwest wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 2am, then a slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kent County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE