Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.94 in
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Andrews-Murphy Airport (KRHP)
Lat: 35.19°N Lon: 83.86°W Elev: 1699ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 38. West northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Tuesday Patchy fog between 7am and 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 75. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Showers likely, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 65. Breezy, with a southwest wind 8 to 13 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers likely before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Blustery, with a northwest wind 21 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 25.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 60.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Swain County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE