Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 10 mph
- Barometer29.90 in (1011.6 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill49°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Asheville Regional Airport (KAVL)
Lat: 35.44°N Lon: 82.55°W Elev: 2140ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 39. North wind around 6 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 73. North northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 2am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 49. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. High near 64. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers likely before midnight, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Windy, with a northwest wind 25 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 39. Breezy.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 24.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 56.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Buncombe County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE