Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 15 G 25 mph
- Barometer30.05 in (1018.4 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Wichita Colonel James Jabara Airport (KAAO)
Lat: 37.75 Lon: -97.22 Elev: 1421ft.
2 Miles NE Wichita KS
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 28. South wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday A slight chance of rain or freezing rain before 11am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 43. South wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Night A chance of rain or freezing rain, mainly between 8pm and 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 24. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north 13 to 18 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 32. North wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. North northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sedgwick County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE