Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
- Barometer29.69 in (1005.3 mb)
- Dewpoint42°F (6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill45°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Mattoon/Charleston, Coles County Memorial Airport (KMTO)
Lat: 39.48°N Lon: 88.28°W Elev: 722ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 42. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. South southwest wind 5 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Tuesday Night Rain before 1am, then rain and snow. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 33. Breezy, with an east southeast wind 7 to 12 mph becoming north 20 to 25 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Snow likely before 1pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 22 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. North northwest wind 10 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coles County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE