Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 16 G 33 mph
- Barometer29.79 in (1008.7 mb)
- Dewpoint47°F (8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Greenwood-LeFlore Airport (KGWO)
Lat: 33.51°N Lon: 90.08°W Elev: 155ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 59. North northwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 32. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 62. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 41. South wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 69. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 48. South wind around 10 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming north northeast after midnight.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 66. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 37.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 66.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Leflore County, MS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE