Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1024.5 mb)
- Dewpoint40°F (4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill46°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Gainesville Regional Airport (KGNV)
Lat: 29.68 Lon: -82.27 Elev: 134ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. Northeast wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. North wind around 7 mph.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 67. North wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 39. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 71. East wind 5 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79.
- Saturday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 61. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 73. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 69.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 69.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Alachua County, FL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE