Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 12 mph
- Barometer30.40 in (1029.7 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
New Orleans International Airport (KMSY)
Lat: 29.98 Lon: -90.25 Elev: 4ft.
New Orleans LA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 41. Northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Showers likely, mainly after 11pm. Patchy fog before midnight. Otherwise, cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 67 by 3am. Southeast wind around 15 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Showers likely, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. Breezy, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 63.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 47.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 60.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Orleans Parish, LA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE