Late-season winter storm for central Appalachins and mid-Atlantic through Monday
A storm system tracking across the Deep South will draw moisture northward into unseasonable cold air across the Ohio Valley, central Appalachians and mid-Atlantic setting the stage for late-season snow. Winter Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories are in effect across this region through Monday. Hazardous travel is expected overnight into Monday when roads will be snow-covered.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 8 mph
- Barometer30.03 in (1018.6 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79°N Lon: 87.75°W Elev: 612ft.
3 Miles N Chicago IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. South southeast wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 49. Breezy, with an east southeast wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tuesday Night Scattered showers after 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Breezy, with an east southeast wind 15 to 20 mph becoming south southwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Wednesday A chance of rain and snow showers before 7am, then a chance of snow between 7am and 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Breezy.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Friday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE