Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 3 mph
- Barometer30.17 in (1023.3 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79 Lon: -87.75 Elev: 612ft.
2 Miles N Chicago IL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Cloudy, with a high near 30. East wind around 5 mph, with gusts as high as 10 mph.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after midnight. Low around 25. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Snow, mainly before noon. High near 30. East wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. North wind around 10 mph becoming west northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 20. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow and sleet. Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE