Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 12 mph
- Barometer30.47 in (1033.7 mb)
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill4°F (-16°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79 Lon: -87.75 Elev: 612ft.
2 Miles NE Chicago IL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -4. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -4. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 3am. Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 20 by 4am. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 30. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before midnight, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 20. East southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Breezy.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Friday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE