Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 9 mph
- Barometer30.36 in (1030.0 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79 Lon: -87.75 Elev: 612ft.
3 Miles NE Chicago IL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Cloudy, with a high near 22. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Tonight Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 3am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 17. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 30. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before midnight, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Breezy.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE