Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 3 mph
- Barometer30.48 in (1034.1 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79 Lon: -87.75 Elev: 612ft.
2 Miles ENE Chicago IL
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 18.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 28. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night Snow, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle before midnight, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Low around 24. East southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Breezy, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE