Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 9 mph
- Barometer29.65 in (1004.3 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill48°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK)
Lat: 42.11°N Lon: 87.9°W Elev: 646ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
- Tuesday A 40 percent chance of rain after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 41. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Rain likely before 10pm, then snow. Low around 23. Windy, with a north northeast wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Wednesday A chance of snow before 1pm, then a slight chance of snow after 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. North wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE