Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer30.57 in (1036.9 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (KSTL)
Lat: 38.76 Lon: -90.37 Elev: 568ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 35. Southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. South wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Freezing rain and sleet likely before 2pm, then rain and sleet likely between 2pm and 5pm, then freezing rain and sleet likely after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 36. South wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Night Occasional freezing rain and sleet before midnight, then occasional snow and sleet. Low around 29. South wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for St. Louis County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE