Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 14 G 17 mph
- Barometer29.72 in
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Staunton / Shenandoah (KSHD)
Lat: 38.28°N Lon: 78.85°W Elev: 1201ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. Southwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 69. West wind around 9 mph.
- Tuesday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 46. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Wednesday Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 62. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Showers likely, mainly before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 34. Breezy.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Sunday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Augusta, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE