Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 3 mph
- Barometer29.34 in
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Manassas Regional Airport (KHEF)
Lat: 38.72°N Lon: 77.52°W Elev: 194ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 4pm. High near 69. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Rain showers before midnight, then a slight chance of snow showers between midnight and 1am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Windy, with a northwest wind 23 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a northwest wind 21 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 53. Light southwest wind becoming south 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 62.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53.
- Sunday Night Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE