Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 9 mph
- Barometer29.36 in (994.4 mb)
- Dewpoint41°F (5°C)
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Annapolis (U.S. Naval Academy) (KNAK)
Lat: 38.98°N Lon: 76.48°W Elev: 7ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Showers likely, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 67. South wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain and snow showers before 1am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 1am and 2am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 23. Windy, with a southwest wind 22 to 31 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 34. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph decreasing to 7 to 12 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 48. Light southwest wind becoming south 8 to 13 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Sunday Night Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Anne Arundel County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE