Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 5 mph
- Barometer30.40 in
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Frederick Municipal Airport (KFDK)
Lat: 39.42 Lon: -77.37 Elev: 308ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Freezing rain and sleet, becoming all freezing rain after 1am. Low around 26. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. Total nighttime sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain before 1pm, then a slight chance of rain between 1pm and 4pm. High near 39. Light and variable wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 25. West wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A chance of snow, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Frederick County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE