Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.64 in (1037.8 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Jonesboro Municipal Airport (KJBR)
Lat: 35.83 Lon: -90.65 Elev: 269ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 35. East northeast wind around 5 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 25. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph after midnight.
- Friday A chance of rain and sleet, mainly after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near 38. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Night Rain, possibly mixed with sleet before midnight, then rain or freezing rain likely. Low around 33. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 44. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 25. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 36. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Calm wind becoming south southwest around 5 mph after midnight.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Craighead County, AR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE