Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedNE 3 mph
- Barometer29.65 in (1004.0 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Islip, Long Island Mac Arthur Airport (KISP)
Lat: 40.8°N Lon: 73.1°W Elev: 84ft.
Port Jefferson NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Cloudy, with a low around 39. East wind around 6 mph.
- Wednesday Rain. High near 55. East wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before midnight, then rain showers likely between midnight and 2am, then a chance of rain and snow showers after 2am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 21. Blustery, with a south wind 18 to 23 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Windy, with a northwest wind 26 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northwest Suffolk, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE