Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
- Barometer29.67 in (1004.9 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
White Plains, Westchester County Airport (KHPN)
Lat: 41.08°N Lon: 73.72°W Elev: 400ft.
White Plains NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Cloudy, with a low around 40. Light northeast wind.
- Wednesday Rain. High near 51. East wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 21. Blustery, with a south wind 8 to 13 mph becoming northwest 20 to 25 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. Windy, with a northwest wind 26 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Blustery, with a west wind 17 to 22 mph decreasing to 9 to 14 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Westchester, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE