Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 14 mph
- Barometer30.11 in (1019.5 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Philadelphia International Airport (KPHL)
Lat: 39.87 Lon: -75.23 Elev: 5ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain, mainly before 4am. Low around 37. North wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 42. North wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night Snow and sleet before 10pm, then rain, snow, and sleet between 10pm and midnight, then rain after midnight. Low around 35. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before noon. High near 46. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Philadelphia County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE