Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 3 mph
- Barometer29.67 in (1004.7 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Wilmington, New Castle County Airport (KILG)
Lat: 39.68°N Lon: 75.6°W Elev: 74ft.
New Castle DE
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. West wind around 7 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 60. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Light east wind.
- Wednesday Showers likely before 2pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 2pm and 5pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 61. East wind 8 to 15 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain showers before 1am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 1am and 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Windy, with a southwest wind 20 to 29 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Windy.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 43.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New Castle County, DE
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE