Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 12 G 24 mph
- Barometer29.97 in (1015.5 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Greensboro, Piedmont Triad International Airport (KGSO)
Lat: 36.01°N Lon: 79.95°W Elev: 902ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain and snow before 4pm, then a chance of rain. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 36. Breezy, with a north wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight A chance of rain, mainly before 7pm. Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 31. North wind 9 to 14 mph becoming light northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 64. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 41. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. West wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 39.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 66.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 41.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 71.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Wednesday Night A chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Guilford County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE