Winter Storm Continues Across Northeast
The complex winter storm that has been bringing freezing rain and snow to parts of the eastern U.S. will continue to affect much of the Northeast through the day on Monday, with snow, sleet and freezing rain, before moving off the East Coast on Tuesday. Meanwhile, dangerously cold temperatures and wind chill will continue in the western half of the U.S.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.12 in
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
Current conditions at
Southern Pines Automatic Weather Observing/Report (KSOP)
Lat: 35.24 Lon: -79.41 Elev: 463ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain or drizzle likely, mainly after 10pm. Patchy fog before 10pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 45. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Rain, mainly before 1pm. High near 49. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 48. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 24.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Moore County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE