Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 3 mph
- Barometer29.34 in (993.3 mb)
- Dewpoint56°F (13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Chapel Hill, Williams Airport (KIGX)
Lat: 35.94°N Lon: 79.07°W Elev: 509ft.
Chapel Hill NC
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 30. Breezy, with a southwest wind 17 to 24 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 46. Northwest wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 25. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 58. Light south wind becoming southwest 8 to 13 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
- Sunday Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Orange County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE