Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.34 in
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
North Wilkesboro, Wilkes County Airport (KUKF)
Lat: 36.22 Lon: -81.1 Elev: 1299ft.
North Wilkesboro NC
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 25. West wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 21. Light west wind.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 47. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A chance of rain after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Rain. High near 42. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain likely before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wilkes County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE