Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Mostly Cloudy and Breezy
- Wind SpeedSW 25 G 39 mph
- Barometer29.33 in
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 36.77°N Lon: 80.82°W Elev: 2736ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. High near 58. Southwest wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight A chance of rain showers before 10pm, then a slight chance of snow showers. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 19. Windy, with a northwest wind 28 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a northwest wind 18 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Carroll County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE