Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 17 mph
- Barometer30.07 in (1019.3 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Springfield-Branson National Airport (KSGF)
Lat: 37.23 Lon: -93.38 Elev: 1259ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Freezing rain before noon, then rain. High near 36. Wind chill values as low as 23. South wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Tonight Periods of snow and sleet, becoming all snow after midnight. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 30. South wind 8 to 13 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Areas of snow and freezing drizzle before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Wind chill values as low as 17. Northwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Wind chill values as low as 8. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greene County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE