Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.17 in (1021.5 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Sacramento, Sacramento Executive Airport (KSAC)
Lat: 38.50694 Lon: -121.49500 Elev: 20ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Widespread frost. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of rain after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the morning. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain before 4am, then a chance of rain and snow. Low around 38. South southeast wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow showers before 10am, then a slight chance of rain showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 46. Southeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. North northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 62.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Sacramento Valley, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE