Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 8 mph
- Barometer30.06 in (1017.8 mb)
- Dewpoint55°F (13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Heat Index80°F (27°C)
Current conditions at
Punta Gorda, Charlotte County Airport (KPGD)
Lat: 26.92°N Lon: 81.99°W Elev: 23ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near 74. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 57. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light after midnight.
- Tuesday Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 9 to 14 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph.
- Tuesday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. South southeast wind around 7 mph.
- Wednesday A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 79. Southwest wind 7 to 12 mph increasing to 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. West wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 64. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 44. North northeast wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 72. East wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 77.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Sarasota, FL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE