Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 3 mph
- Barometer29.98 in (1015.2 mb)
- Dewpoint53°F (12°C)
- Visibility1.75 mi
Current conditions at
Punta Gorda, Charlotte County Airport (KPGD)
Lat: 26.92°N Lon: 81.99°W Elev: 23ft.
Port Charlotte FL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of showers after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. South wind around 6 mph.
- Wednesday A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. South wind 7 to 12 mph becoming west southwest 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 56. Northwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 69. North wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 42. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 78. East wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 55. East wind around 6 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 80. East wind around 7 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 60.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
- Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.
- Monday A 40 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 77.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Charlotte, FL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE