Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 10 mph
- Barometer30.59 in (1041.3 mb)
- Dewpoint-11°F (-24°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill-21°F (-29°C)
Current conditions at
Pierre Regional Airport (KPIR)
Lat: 44.39 Lon: -100.28 Elev: 1723ft.
6 Miles SW Vivian SD
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around -15. Wind chill values as low as -24. West northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow after noon. Cloudy and cold, with a high near 4. Wind chill values as low as -26. Light east northeast wind becoming east southeast 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 2. Southeast wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 13. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 14. Breezy.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Breezy.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 20. Blustery.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lyman County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE