Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 611 AM EDT THU APR 24 2014
Coastal waters from Cape Charles Light VA to NC VA border out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER THE WATERS THROUGH TODAY. THE HIGH WILL
MOVE OFF THE COAST BY FRIDAY MORNING. THE NEXT COLD FRONT APPROACHES
FRIDAY AND CROSSES THE WATERS FRIDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS
INTO THE AREA FROM THE NORTH DURING THE WEEKEND.
- Today NW winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 5 ft with a dominant period of 6 seconds.
- Tonight SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft...mainly NE swell with a dominant period of 7 seconds.
- Fri S winds 5 to 10 kt...increasing to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of showers and tstms early in the afternoon. Showers likely with a chance of tstms late.
- Fri Night S winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming W 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft. Showers likely early in the evening. A chance of tstms in the evening. A chance of showers late in the evening.
- Sat W winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sat Night NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sun N winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sun Night N winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Mon NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
winds and seas higher and visibilities lower in and near tstms.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Cape Charles Light VA to NC VA border out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE