Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 1225 AM EST MON NOV 24 2014
Coastal waters from Cape Charles Light VA to NC VA border out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST THIS MORNING...
- SynopsisA WARM FRONT WILL LIFT NORTH ACROSS THE MID ATLANTIC REGION
TONIGHT AS HIGH PRESSURE MOVES FARTHER OFFSHORE. A COLD FRONT WILL
CROSS THE AREA LATE MONDAY INTO MONDAY NIGHT. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE
BUILDS INTO THE AREA FROM THE WEST TUESDAY. LOW PRESSURE TRACKS UP
THE EAST COAST TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY.
- Rest Of Tonight S winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts to around 40 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft with a dominant period of 0 seconds. Rain with a slight chance of tstms. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Mon S winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to around 35 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft with a dominant period of 9 seconds. Rain early in the morning...then a chance of showers in the late morning and afternoon.
- Mon Night SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft. A chance of showers early in the evening.
- Tue W winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming NW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tue Night N winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming NE 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft...building to 4 to 5 ft after midnight. A chance of rain in the evening...then rain likely after midnight with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Wed NE winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to around 30 kt. Seas 5 to 6 ft. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm until late afternoon.
- Wed Night NW winds 20 to 25 kt...becoming W 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 5 to 6 ft. A chance of rain in the evening.
- Thu W winds 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thu Night W winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 ft.
- Fri NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 ft.
winds and seas higher and visibilities lower in and near tstms.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Cape Charles Light VA to NC VA border out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE