Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 706 PM EST WED MAR 4 2015
Coastal waters from Fenwick Island DE to Chincoteague VA out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT SLOWLY CROSSES THE REGION TONIGHT. THE FRONT WILL
STALL OVER NORTH CAROLINA ON THURSDAY...WITH A WAVE OF LOW
PRESSURE MOVING ALONG THE FRONT THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT. HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS IN FROM THE NORTHWEST FRIDAY.
- Tonight SE winds 5 kt...becoming E late in the evening...then becoming N after midnight...increasing to 15 to 20 kt late. Seas 4 to 5 ft with a dominant period of 9 seconds. Rain.
- Thu N winds 15 to 20 kt. Gusts up to 30 kt in the afternoon. Seas 5 to 6 ft with a dominant period of 9 seconds. Rain in the morning. Freezing rain in the late morning and early afternoon. Snow and sleet in the afternoon with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Thu Night N winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts to around 30 kt. Seas 5 to 6 ft. Snow likely early in the evening...then a chance of snow late in the evening. Vsby 1 to 3 nm in the evening.
- Fri N winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Fri Night NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sat W winds 10 kt. Seas 2 ft.
- Sat Night W winds 10 kt. Seas 2 ft.
- Sun W winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 ft.
- Sun Night SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 ft.
- Mon SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Fenwick Island DE to Chincoteague VA out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE