Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 100 PM EDT FRI OCT 31 2014
Coastal waters from Fenwick Island DE to Chincoteague VA out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH
SATURDAY AFTERNOON......GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE DEVELOPS OFF THE CAROLINA COAST TODAY...PUSHING
NORTHEAST TONIGHT. A MORE POTENT LOW WILL STRENGTHEN OFF THE MID
ATLANTIC COAST SATURDAY INTO SATURDAY NIGHT. STRONG HIGH PRESSURE
THEN BUILDS INTO THE REGION SUNDAY...SLIDING OFFSHORE THROUGH MID
- This Afternoon N winds 15 kt. Seas 3 ft with a dominant period of 10 seconds.
- Tonight N winds 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft with a dominant period of 10 seconds. A slight chance of rain in the late evening and overnight.
- Sat N winds 15 to 20 kt...increasing to 25 to 30 kt with gusts to around 35 kt in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 5 ft with a dominant period of 9 seconds...building to 6 to 8 ft with a dominant period of 9 seconds in the afternoon. A chance of rain in the morning... Then rain in the afternoon.
- Sat Night N winds 30 to 35 kt with gusts to around 45 kt. Seas 8 to 10 ft. Rain until early morning...then a chance of rain late.
- Sun NW winds 30 to 35 kt...diminishing to 25 to 30 kt in the afternoon. Seas 7 to 9 ft. A chance of rain early in the morning.
- Sun Night NW winds 25 to 30 kt...diminishing to 20 to 25 kt after midnight. Seas 5 to 7 ft.
- Mon NW winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming W 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Mon Night W winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 ft.
- Tue W winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming SW 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tue Night SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Fenwick Island DE to Chincoteague VA out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE