Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 1006 AM EST SUN FEB 1 2015
Coastal waters from Fenwick Island DE to Chincoteague VA out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY
AFTERNOON......GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE SLIDES OFF THE COAST TODAY AS LOW PRESSURE APPROACHES
FROM THE WEST. LOW PRESSURE TRACKS NORTH OF THE WATERS MONDAY AS A
TRAILING COLD FRONT CROSSES THE WATERS MONDAY AFTERNOON. HIGH
PRESSURE RETURNS TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY. THE NEXT COLD FRONT CROSSES
THE WATERS WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
- Today NW winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming S in the late morning and afternoon. Seas 2 ft...mainly NE swell with a dominant period of 8 seconds.
- Tonight S winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts to around 30 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft with a dominant period of 11 seconds...building to 4 to 5 ft with a dominant period of 11 seconds after midnight. A slight chance of rain early in the evening. A chance of rain late in the evening...then rain after midnight.
- Mon SW winds 20 to 25 kt...becoming NW 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Seas 6 to 8 ft. Rain until late afternoon...then a chance of showers late.
- Mon Night NW winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts to around 40 kt. Seas 7 to 9 ft. A chance of showers early in the evening. Light freezing spray after midnight.
- Tue NW winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming W 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Seas 5 to 6 ft. Light freezing spray early in the morning.
- Tue Night SW winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming S 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 2 ft.
- Wed SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wed Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming W after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thu N winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Thu Night N winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Fenwick Island DE to Chincoteague VA out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE