Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 346 AM EDT FRI APR 25 2014
Coastal waters from Fenwick Island DE to Chincoteague VA out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS MOVES OFF THE COAST THIS MORNING. LOW
PRESSURE AND ITS ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT APPROACH FROM THE WEST LATE
THIS MORNING...THEN CROSS THE WATERS THIS EVENING. A SECOND COLD
FRONT PUSHES ACROSS THE WATERS SATURDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE
BUILDS IN FROM THE NORTH SUNDAY.
- Through 7 Am N winds 5 kt...becoming E. Seas 1 foot...mainly SE swell with a dominant period of 12 seconds.
- Today E winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming SE 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 1 to 2 ft...building to 3 to 4 ft. A dominant period of 9 seconds. Showers and tstms likely late.
- Tonight SE winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming W after midnight. Seas 4 to 5 ft with a dominant period of 6 seconds. Tstms likely in the evening. Showers likely. A chance of tstms after midnight.
- Sat NW winds 20 to 25 kt...becoming W 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 5 ft...subsiding to 3 to 4 ft.
- Sat Night SW winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming NW with gusts to around 30 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sun NW winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming N 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sun Night N winds 5 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Mon N winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming E in the afternoon. Seas 3 ft.
- Mon Night SE winds 5 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of showers.
- Tue E winds 5 to 10 kt...increasing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 4 ft. Showers likely.
winds and seas higher and visibilities lower in and near tstms.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Fenwick Island DE to Chincoteague VA out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE