Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 333 AM EST SUN JAN 25 2015
Coastal waters from Chincoteague to Parramore Island VA out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST THIS MORNING...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE REBUILDS OVER THE SOUTHEAST STATES TODAY.
MEANWHILE...AN AREA LOW PRESSURE TRACKS ACROSS THE SOUTHERN
WATERS TONIGHT INTO MONDAY...LIFTING AWAY FROM THE COAST MONDAY
NIGHT. THE LOW WILL INTENSIFY RAPIDLY AS IT MOVES NORTHEAST OF THE
WATERS MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY. HIGH PRESSURE SLOWLY BUILDS IN
FROM THE WEST WEDNESDAY. ANOTHER AREA OF LOW PRESSURE CROSSES THE
WATERS THURSDAY NIGHT.
- Through 7 Am W winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft with a dominant period of 10 seconds.
- Today W winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming SW 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 4 ft with a dominant period of 9 seconds.
- Tonight S winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming E 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 2 ft with a dominant period of 9 seconds. A slight chance of rain after midnight.
- Mon E winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft...building to 5 to 6 ft in the afternoon. A chance of rain until late afternoon... Then rain likely late.
- Mon Night N winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts to around 40 kt. Seas 7 to 10 ft. Rain and snow likely. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Tue NW winds 25 to 30 kt...diminishing to 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Seas 6 to 8 ft. Rain likely early in the morning. Snow likely until late afternoon...then a chance of snow showers late. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Tue Night NW winds 20 to 25 kt...becoming N 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Wed N winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Wed Night N winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming NW 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thu NW winds 5 kt...becoming SW in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Chincoteague to Parramore Island VA out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE