Last Update: 1224 PM EST SUN JAN 25 2015
Coastal waters from Fenwick Island DE to Chincoteague VA out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE REBUILDS OVER THE SOUTHEAST STATES TODAY.
MEANWHILE...AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE TRACKS ACROSS THE SOUTHERN
WATERS LATE TONIGHT AND MONDAY...LIFTING NORTHEAST AND INTENSIFYING
RAPIDLY AS IT MOVES NORTHEAST OF THE WATERS MONDAY NIGHT AND
TUESDAY. HIGH PRESSURE SLOWLY BUILDS IN FROM THE WEST WEDNESDAY.
ANOTHER AREA OF LOW PRESSURE CROSSES THE WATERS THURSDAY NIGHT.
- This Afternoon SW winds 10 to 15 kt...diminishing to 5 to 10 kt late. Seas 2 to 3 ft with a dominant period of 10 seconds.
- Tonight S winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming E 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft with a dominant period of 9 seconds. A slight chance of rain after midnight.
- Mon E winds 20 to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft...building to 5 to 7 ft in the afternoon. A chance of rain in the morning...then rain likely in the afternoon.
- Mon Night N winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts to around 40 kt. Seas 8 to 11 ft. Snow and rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm... Decreasing to one half mile or less after midnight.
- Tue NW winds 25 to 30 kt...diminishing to 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Seas 7 to 9 ft. Light freezing spray likely. Rain early in the morning. Snow likely until late afternoon. A chance of snow showers late. Vsby one half mile or less... Increasing to 1 to 3 nm in the late morning and afternoon.
- Tue Night NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to around 30 kt...becoming N 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 5 to 7 ft. A chance of snow showers early in the evening. Light freezing spray likely early in the evening. Vsby 1 to 3 nm until early morning.
- Wed NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Wed Night NW winds 10 to 15 kt...diminishing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thu W winds 5 kt...becoming SW in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thu Night SW winds 10 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft. A chance of rain.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Fenwick Island DE to Chincoteague VA out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE